Luke watches his video over and over again and gets the biggest kick out of it.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
It's so easy in life to substitute one thing for another whether it be good or bad. There's always a need/want that wants/needs to be filled.
I'm not trying to get "deep" here or anything, but I did want to make a confession. I've been doing a lot of substitutions.
And it's all Facebooks fault.
You see this little ol' blog of mine hasn't seen much action these past few months. You could say I fell off the hypothetical blog-wagon and that would be half true. Time and energy just haven't made blogging a priority in my life.
But I have Facebook and that has provided me with an outlet to briefly get those quirky thoughts that would have normally evolved into a blog post out of my head. And that's a good thing in one sense.
I like having the option of stating what's on my mind for the whole Facebook world of my friends to see, not that it's anything of importance, but usually a random thought here and there.
So, just to recap for any of you who read my blog and are not listed as a friend of mine on Facebook, here are my "what's on your mind" posts, or my "mini-blogs" for the month of August.
- The sandbox is SO overrated!
- Taste of Cleveland wasn't all I thought it would be. Oh well. Up next, Popcorn Fest.
- Has anyone used Skype before?
- Went to check on Luke who was playing with chalk in the driveway, and I asked him what he was doing. He replied, "I'm chalking." I didn't know you could use that word as a verb, but I guess when you're 4 it's quite alright and pretty cute if you ask me.
- Skipped step class tonight to have dinner with the family and in-laws at Cheesecake Factory - no regrets!
- Wow my muscles could use a massage right about now.
- Watching the movie Bridge To Terabithia with my boys. Looks like I don't have to wash my eye make up off tonight. Geesh!
- A cupcake and coffee for breakfast. Not a bad way to start the day.
- I almost had a panic attack. I thought I ran out of wine. But I'm good now.
- At doctor's office waiting to get Carson's cast off. (August 26th)
- Anyone want to take a guess as to how many infections were found on my oldest son's computer? Go on, give it a try.
- So the correct answer is 368! Ridiculous. Needless to say, the computer is dead and is not getting fixed.
- So I asked my 6 y.o. if he was excited for his 1st day of school tomorrow and he replied, "I hope I don't have to sit next to any girls." Typical response from a 1st grade boy.
- I am so hooked on hummus.
- Today's equation: Humidity + a whack job haircut = mushroom head = eternal ponytails.
- My 4 y.o. just pointed at a martini glass and asked why I don't use that one? I said, "because it's for martinis." And he replied, "Oh, it's for your teenies."
- Went to the Dr. and found out I have some type of eye infection and have to wear my glasses for the next week. I hope they stay on my face when I'm jumping around at the gym.
- Enjoyed a good 2 hours at the gym tonight and subbed a few classes. Good times. Wine and bed. Goodnight!
- Heading up to Chicago for the Edwin concert tonight!
- Will someone come over and clean my house for me please? I'm just not in the mood.
- $75 and 2 cuts later, I'm still not happy with my hair. Ugh. I miss my Indiana hair stylist.
- Just popped in the movie "The Goonies" - and in 80's style I am watching it via VHS tape. Am I authentic or what?!?!
- Chop, chippity, chop, chop.....
- To chop or not to chop? That is my question.
- Was greeted by a snake and a toad while sitting outside in the front yard this evening. Sorry Becky for screaming in your ear when we were on the phone!
- I should still be sleeping, but my mind is running. Looks like it's coffee time.
- Lovin' the Cherry Kiss Martinis tonight - thanks Kristin - wish you were here!
- Just watched "I am Legend." I think I may have some bad dreams tonight.
- Oh sunshine, how I adore thee.
- Woke up to a yard full of trash and toilet paper. Gotta love those rascals, I mean adolescents.
- Wishes someone would just buy our house already.
- Ready for a shower and a tall glass of water!
Monday, September 07, 2009
Such as syrup.
You may be asking yourself, "but why not?"
This is why not.
It's not very fun trying to clean up a full 1/2 gallon of sticky, gooey, ant-inviting syrup that spilled all over the kitchen floor and under the refrigerator.
So not cool!
Luke thought he would make himself a waffle and climbed up the cabinet to reach the syrup that was on the top shelf. It slipped right out of his hands and BAM - the plastic bottle burst open. Ugh!
Even after the tedious clean up process, the floor still has a tacky feel to it and our kitchen is permeated with the smell of maple.
The last time Luke tried to make himself a snack all by himself this is what happened.
Can you even guess what that is a picture of?
That would be a burnt corn dog with the plastic wrapper melted around it.
Not being able to read yet, he pushed whatever button looked right to him. 4 minutes later - ta da - burnt carcinogen on a stick.
Tomorrow is his first day of preschool. I hope he doesn't get put on snack duty.