Should I do it or shouldn't I do it?
This is what I am contemplating doing and have been for the past few years. Look closely.
No, I don't want to try out for American Idol or be a singer like Kelly Clarkson.
But, I do want a tiny nose stud like hers. My soon-to-be sister-in-law has one and it's very attractive. I've seen other women with them and they catch my eye.
I think they are very sexy and feminine. But I have many questions that I need to figure out the answers to before I make this decision. Such as:
- Is my nose too big (nostril opening) to where it would look awkward?
- How much pain should I expect? (I have a pretty good pain tolerance so I'm not too concerned, but would like to know what it's like)
- What chances are there for infection?
- Will I still be able to blow/pick my nose normally? (important things here!)
- Does it get in the way much?
- Does it matter which side to have it on? (remember back in the 80's if you had your right ear pierced and you were a guy it symbolized you were gay or something like that) I don't want to give any mixed signals or anything.
- What if I do it and decide down the road I no longer want it, how will the scar look? (not that I am concerned with scars since my body is full of them, what's one more to add to the collection?)
- Will I embarrass my 1o year old son if I get one? (not that I really care, but just curious, guess I'll have to ask him myself)
- Or better yet, will my 10 year old son want to get a piercing of his own?!?!? AGH! I'm SO not ready for that yet.
- Am I too old for this?
That's crazy. But I suppose it's good that he would approve if I were to go through with it.
So, do any of you have any suggestions for me? I would love your comments to this pressing issue of mine.