Saturday, February 28, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
It's been awhile since I have had a case of the hiccups. In the past I would normally follow this remedy which was pretty fool proof.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Alanis Morissette (1995, and 6 other dates if not more)
Nine Inch Nails (1995)
David Bowe (1995)
Q-101's Twisted Christmas 2 (1995)
- Alanis Morissette, Weezer, Porno for Pyros, White Zombie, Oasis, Silverchair, Tripping Daisies
Jars of Clay (1998)
Kings X (1998)
Tori Amos (1999)
B-96 Summer Bash (2000)
- I think Usher was there, but I don't remember any others.
Matchbox Twenty (2000)
Edwin McCain (2000 and 8 other dates if not more)
The Rock Boat (2002 and 2004)
- Pat McGee, Sister Hazel, Will Hoge, Cowboy Mouth, and so many more.
Mary J. Blige (2006 - Oprah Show taping)
John Mayer (2007 - Oprah Show taping & Crossroads Fest.)
Crossroads Festival (2007)
- Sheryl Crow, Eric Clapton, Vince Gill, Willie Nelson, Steve Winwood, Buddy Guy, Jimmie Vaughan, The Derek Trucks Band, Los Lobos, and many others.
Concerts I would love to attend (just to name a few):
- Beastie Boys
- Lenny Kravitz
- Michael Buble
- Justin Timberlake
Monday, February 23, 2009
Click here to help me reach my goal!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
I can honestly say I have never (officially) participated in a WFMW (Works For Me Wednesday) post. Sure, I have done my fair share of offering some tips and tricks, but to actually join the online community for the whole world to see has not occurred.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
- A Royal Mess
- A Contest for a Queen
- A Raging Passion for Honor
- If You Remain Silent
- What Goes Around
- Where is the Man?
- The Right to be Ready
Sunday, February 15, 2009
My spring cleaning kick is still going on. A few days ago I cleaned the dining room and office carpet, which helped a little, but the carpet is still drab. I would love to finish these rooms with hardwood - ah, a girl can dream.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Meet Carmen a.k.a. The Beagle. And the reason I say "the Beagle" is because none of us can remember his name so Carson just calls him The Beagle which I think is quite cute.
Monday, February 09, 2009
I guess I'll start looking around for some good deals. Any suggestions?
Sunday, February 08, 2009
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Friday, February 06, 2009
- I don't know about you, but I am glad that American Idol is back to one-hour episodes. Being on eastern time has us staying up later than usual anyway, and add to it a 2 hour show - well it doesn't go so well with sleepy little boys.
- This house has too many matchbox cars. Carson had them all nicely lined up by the front door, then they somehow got scattered, but I won't name a particular little brother's name. I didn't bother cleaning them up before bed. I figured if a burglar were to break into our house through the front door, our matchbox cars would provide a good security system or at least buy us enough time to call the police while he is lying flat on his back.
- I never completely finished answering all the questions I was asked a week or so ago. The last one comes from sscrunner and asks: What is your favorite type of work-out? How many times a week do you work out and for how long? What is your favorite type of red wine?
- Those are my two favorite topics - wine and working out - what a thoughtful question!
- I work out 5 days a week taking Wednesday and Sunday off. Usually my workouts are for an hour sometimes an hour and a half.
- Currently my favorite class is called Turbo Kick. It has awesome, pumping music which is the key for me and it is choreographed kickboxing with a hint of dance to it. I seriously want to get certified to teach this class.
- Red wine - yum! I've mentioned a new find called Black Opal. We go through our fair share so I must be conscious of price. Some good wine at a reasonable price in our wine rotation include, Beach Dogs, Woodbridge, Frontera, Marcus James, Crane Lake and Gallo. I'm up for any suggestions as I always love trying new wines.
- Bagels that are not pre-sliced drive me crazy - call me lazy.
- In a post last week I mentioned I was going to a new hair stylist, but I never followed up with pictures. Everything went fine, my hair looks good without any major changes. I figured it would be pretty boring to post a picture of the way my hair always looks so I didn't. One thing I didn't like was the cost. Luckily I had a coupon for a free cut and style otherwise it would have cost me $60! Yikes!
- I am about ready to rip out the carpet in our office and dining room because it's nasty. I would rather walk around and look at plywood than the stained carpet we currently have. I shouldn't give myself any ideas - I tend to turn minor projects into major ones. More on that another day, but it has to do with a fireplace in our first home.
- I have already started spring cleaning and by that I mean getting rid of clutter and crap that we have no purpose for. For example, I have had this box of cords and chargers that half of them I have no clue what they go to. Why keep something that you have no use for? So I pitched them. I went through the kids "art" supplies and downsized there too. I have been organizing every drawer in the house. And I also deep cleaned the refrigerator removing every drawer and shelf and washing it down. It needed it so bad. Once I get going there is no stopping me.
- I can't wait to have a garage sale and unload all the stuff (and make some extra money!)
- This is getting long and out of control.
- Have a wonderful weekend - what are your plans?
Thursday, February 05, 2009
I have seen this "meme" floating around on other blogs and I love the idea and seeing all the awesome handbags that us bloggers are carrying. I must be honest, I used to not be a "purse" girl. But having a fashion-diva-mother-in-law has gotten me excited about the latest purses on the market. And my newest addition is da bomb! I never officially got tagged for this, but I am playing along anyway. You see, I like to play by my own rules.
If you care to join along here are the "official" rules of this game:
1) Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you cannot go up to your closet and pull out that cute little purse you used back before you had kids. I want to know what you carried today.
2) I want to know how much it cost :) And this is not to judge. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I’d love to hear it.
3) Tag some chicks. And link back to this post so people know why the heck you’re showing everyone your diaper bag/non-diaper bag.
I bring you the ever gorgeous and yet always classy Coach and her accessories because how can you carry a stunning coach purse and use your $6 Wal-Mart wallet? You just can't - that is very wrong. I feel like a million bucks when I carry this baby around. And as far as price, I don't know and I don't care to find out. It was a Christmas gift to me. But for those of you who are
nosy curious, I am sure you can click around on the coach website to find out.
It's a good thing I didn't do this meme before Christmas. Then I would have had the humiliation of admitting to you that I have been using a quilted Vera Bradley knock-off $9 purse. Seriously. But, in my defense, it was really cute and you could have never guessed it came from one of those dollar stores. Maybe when you looked close at the quality and saw the 'Made in China' tag, but then again you shouldn't be looking that close at someone's purse. How rude!
So, let's see, who can I tag that hasn't already showed us their goods? Let's try:
OHMommy at Classy Chaos because I am completely curious - she's a class act herself.
Dawn at Baby Addiction because she's a cool gal and would like to learn more about her and her purse preferences.
And one more, how about Lisa at Take 90 West I am curious to see if she bought a matching purse to go with the furry boots she recently posted about. Now that would be a sight! (If you want a funny read, go check out that post - hilarious!)