Here are some life lessons I've learned in the past 31 years:
1) Never underestimate the power of drinking water.
2) Never overestimate the power of drinking too much wine.
3) Don't assume brown smudges on the floor are chocolate.
4) You're never too old to play on a swing set.
5) Always check the oven before you turn it on.
6) Distance does make the heart grow fonder and it also makes you homesick.
7) Money can't buy true happiness or love.
8) It's never too late to tell someone you're sorry.
9) You don't always have to have all the answers, just an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on.
10) Being independent is a good trait as long as it's used in the proper way.
11) It's important to take time for yourself, but also make time for others.
12) Love people for who they are not what they do or do not do.
13) Prayer is not only important, but also very powerful.
14) Hug and kiss your kids and tell them "I love you" every day.
15) The harder the task, the greater you will feel the reward of victory.
16) Writing down goals and posting them where they are visible to you and others (like maybe a blog or something) helps you to achieve those goals and holds you accountable.
17) Treat others the way you want to be treated.
18) Don't judge others. You never fully know their circumstances.
19) Don't dwell on things that happened in the past. Focus on today and what the future holds.
20) The more you live and play by the rules, the less pain and regret you will experience.
21) Find the good in all people and focus on that.
22) Grudges do no one any good - let them go.
23) Anger only adds fuel to the fire - compassion puts out the flames.
24) Make time to surround yourself, experience, and be in awe of nature and everything that God created.
25) Don't take yourself too seriously.
26) Focus and be thankful for what you have, not what you don't have.
27) Offer words of encouragement and genuine appreciation.
28) Change is inevitable, embrace it and make the best of your situation.
29) Always remember your roots, where you came from.
30) Find your passion in life and pursue it.
31) On your birthday thank your mom for giving you life.
Thank you mom for the life you gave me 31 years ago today. I am so grateful for the love you and dad have shown me throughout the years. I love you both so very much!