Christmas has come and gone and the flurry of the season seems to have gone by in the blink of an eye. The many boxes and bows and packages opened was overwhelming as it is every year. Sometimes having too much can make you long for simplicity.
Today I reflect back on the simple things in my life that bring me joy. Things that can’t be wrapped in pretty paper or bought in a store.
- country roads
- watching snow flakes fall
- listening to thunderstorms
- playing games with my boys
- sharpened pencils
- hearing the words “I love you”
- baking and eating chocolate chip cookies
- playing frisbee and football
- drinking coffee
- playing with a dog
- talking and laughing with family and friends
- finding money on the ground
- my favorite scents; lilac, pine, coconut, vanilla, fresh cut grass